HOW FLETT EXCHANGE WORKS
-Do It Yourself SREC Sales
-Managed SRECs – Flett REC Manager©
This is the most cost effective option for sellers but you will have to have both a GATS account and a Flett Exchange trading account. The GATS is free but when you sell you will pay a $2.50 commission per SREC to Flett Exchange. (larger facilities get a commission discount if they sell)
Shortcut: If you have a Flett account and you want to save time just transfer over the SRECs on GATS at the “Sell Now Price” listed on our homepage to the Flett Exchange, LLC account in GATS. We will transact on the Flett trading platform for you. You will get an email confirmation when we accept the SRECs in our GATS account and we will automatically remit payment EASY!
- Create a GATS account with PJM-EIS then register your solar facility.
- Enter your meter readings into GATS every month or quarter
- After your SRECs are “minted” on the last business day of each month in GATs you can sell them on the Flett Exchange Trading Platform
- Log into your Flett account and sell your SRECs. Remember, the Flett Exchange is like a stock trading platform which allows you to look at charts make decisions and place orders above the market. Or, you can just sell it at the highest price available at the time and lock it in.
After you sell on Flett Exchange and lock in your price you will need to transfer the SRECs from your GATs account to the Flett Exchange GATs account. Link to GATS transfer Directions
- You will get email confirmations of your sale and Flett Exchange will remit your funds by either check or electronic deposit right to your bank account.
FLETT REC MANAGER
This option is for those who would like their SRECs managed professionally. Flett Exchange will handle your GATs account on your behalf, enter your solar arrays meter readings, sell your SRECs on a monthly basis and remit funds monthly. We can also hold SRECs until the market price moves higher at the sellers’ discretion. We charge a 3% fee for this service for home systems and a lower fee for larger commercial systems. In order for us to manage your srecs, a solar owner must sign the GATS Schedule A Form which grants Flett Exchange permission to trade your srecs on your behalf. You may download the Schedule A here and send it to us or sign electronically when you register for an account with us.
(a min fee of $2.50 / SREC applies to small systems in markets with low SREC prices)
Flett SREC Manager for a PSE&G Solar Loan Program
Much like the PSE&G Solar Loan Program, Flett Exchange will manage your solar asset, or SRECs, and issue payment as the SRECs are created.
Reporting solar meter readings will be just like reporting to PSE&G. Monthly we’ll email you requesting a meter reading. Simply reply to that email and we’ll take it from there. Have online monitoring? We’ll retrieve the generation data from your monitoring instead of sending a meter request email.
As you generate SRECs and they are sold we’ll issue a SREC sale confirmation email and issue a check or direct deposit.
The only fee is 3% of the SREC sale. There is no application fee or contract for time, so you are not locked into any long-term obligating contract for management service.