The Clean Energy Act, signed by Governor Murphy on May 23, 2018, included the following provision:
“For all applications for designation as connected to the distribution system of a solar electric power generation facility filed with the board after the date of enactment of P.L.2018, c.17 (C.48:3-87.8 et al.) the SREC term shall be 10 years.” L. 2018, c. 17, §2(d)(3).
At its agenda meeting earlier today, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities clarified the language above as follows:
• SRP REGISTRATIONS SUBMITTED IN THE ONLINE PORTAL ON OR BEFORE TODAY’S DEADLINE1 AND DEEMED COMPLETE WILL RECEIVE A 15-YEAR SREC QUALIFICATION LIFE.
• SRP REGISTRATIONS SUBMITTED IN THE ONLINE PORTAL AFTER TODAY’S DEADLINE WILL RECEIVE A 10-YEAR SREC QUALIFICATION LIFE.
• APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY THE BOARD FOR CONDITIONAL CERTIFICATION PURSUANT TO SUBSECTION T PRIOR TO TODAY’S DEADLINE THAT FULFILL ALL CONDITIONS ESTABLISHED BY THE BOARD SHALL RECEIVE A 15-YEAR SREC QUALIFICATION LIFE.
1 The “Deadline” is defined as 11:59:59 PM EST on October 29, 2018
Additional details are as follows:
SRP Eligibility Process
To qualify for a 15-year SREC qualification life, a registration must be submitted in the online portal (http://njcepsolar.programprocessing.com/) under the status Application Received on or before 11:59:59 PM EST on October 29, 2018 (Deadline), and:
1. Contain all the items and information identified on the SRP Checklist required to be deemed complete, or
2. Within two weeks of an email from the Program Manager/Administrator to the registrant identifying one or more minor deficiencies with the registration, successfully resolve those minor deficiencies. a. If the minor deficiencies are not successfully resolved within two weeks from the date of the email, the registration will be rejected and the registrant would be required to resubmit a new registration packet.
For the avoidance of doubt:
A. Any registrations submitted after today’s Deadline will only be eligible for a 10-year SREC qualification life.
B. Any registration submitted in the online portal under the status Application Received on or before the Deadline, but that is determined to be incomplete due to a major deficiency, will be rejected and if resubmitted after the deadline will only be eligible for a 10-year SREC qualification life.
C. Any registration submitted in the online portal under the status Application Received on or before the Deadline, but that is determined to be incomplete due to a minor deficiency, will have two weeks to successfully resolve the minor deficiencies to remain eligible for a 15-year SREC qualification life.
D. Registrations having the status Pending Uploads as of the Deadline will not be considered submitted in the online portal and therefore will not be eligible for a 15-year SREC qualification life.
For information regarding the definition of Major/Minor Deficiencies, please see: