Michael Flett, President and CEO, of Flett Exchange recently spoke at the “Solar Energy for New Jersey Business-Developing and Financing Your Own On-Site Solar Facility“ conference on Thursday, August 19th, 2010. The solar forum was hosted by the law firm Gibbons P.C. and CPA firm Eisner Amper LLP. More than 500 business owners, senior executives, and industry representatives attended the conference, which provided a comprehensive overview of solar development, regulatory compliance, and innovative financial structures. The clean energy economy is growing and thriving in the Garden State. New Jersey is the second most active state for solar power installations and the seventh for venture capital investments in clean energy projects. With millions of dollars available from private equity, venture capital funds, and Federal and State agencies, corporations have the incentive to enter this growing marketplace.
Some of the state’s leading authorities on solar energy discussed:
- The business case for solar projects
- Federal and State incentives
- Choosing between rooftop, ground mount, or carport structures
- Analyzing the risks, costs and benefits of solar energy projects
- Project development from financing and assembling a team through design, operation, and maintenance
- Upendra Chivukula, New Jersey State Assemblyman
- Michael Flett, President and CEO, Flett Exchange LLC
- Rich Cleaveland, Partner, Amper, Politziner & Mattia
- Al Bucknam, CEO SunDurance Energy
- George Cruden, Director of Market Operations, Power & Communications Market Team, Clough Harbor Associates
- Doug Janacek, Co-Chair, Real Property & Environmental Department, Gibbons P.C.
- Valerie Montecalvo, President, Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- Steve Morgan, President and CEO, American Clean Energy, LLC, and past senior executive of First Energy Corporation including CEO and Chairman of Jersey Central Power & Light
- Anthony DiGiacinto, Amper, Politziner & Mattia
- Paula Durand, Senior Venture Officer, Clean Technology, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- Kurt Fuoti, TD bank
- Ronald Reisman, Manager of Business Outreach, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- James Rice, CEO, Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC
- Govi Rao, President and Chief Executive Officer, Noveda Technologies, Inc.
Gibbons P.C. and Eisner Amper LLP look forward to identifying solar opportunities and working together with qualified corporations to enhance the evolution of the New Jersey solar marketplace.